Thursday, February 22, 2007

Picking Up The Phone




After work, I went to happy hour with some co-workers. In the midst of a conversation, I mentioned how my parents were on a cruise for 1-1/2 weeks and it was so strange not to be able to pick up the phone and call them or email them.

One of my co-workers lost her mother two weeks ago. She said the hardest part, so far, is picking up the phone each day and realizing she can't call her mom. But she also said that she mentioned this to her mother her last few days of life while she was in Hospice. Her mom wasn't sad to hear this, she said she was happy to know her daughter would think of her each day at this time.

After spending the majority of our work days talking, I know most of us (me included) don't feel like talking on the phone at night. But after hearing that I felt like calling everyone I knew.

No comments: