Thursday, May 3, 2007

Trolley Run

On Sunday the Steve's, our neighbors, me and 7,000+ people ran the Trolley Run. It's a 4+ mile run that goes down the trolley trail by our house. It starts in Waldo, winds through Brookside and ends at the plaza.

Probably all of you know I (& Ann) do Jazzercise. People laugh but Jazzercise is hard and a fantastic workout.
And most of you know I don't run. My brother runs, my husband runs, but that's it. So this was a big deal for me.

I jogged the entire run and averaged a 9:27 mile.
Nate was even there with Ann and her mom, Geri, to meet us around the finish line with a New Year's Eve horn that I think spent most of the time on the ground!

Steve S's time wasn't posted but I'm sure he did 7:00 miles. He's quite the long distance sprinter.

Most importantly the run benefitted the Children's Center for the Visually Impaired. I've worked with this organization the past six years through my job and they serve a tremendous service to our city. We're lucky to have them here.

And no, I could not walk or go up stairs Monday or Tuesday...

No comments: