Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Cruisin'

My parents are gone. They are on their annual cruise going to tons of glorious places with the Robinsons. They flew out of KC a week ago Monday and don’t come back until Friday.

When I was driving them up to the airport (very ill I might add), I realized I knew nothing except what islands they were visiting.

Thinking at that moment I’d probably never get well again, I asked what we should do if there was an emergency.

Was I supposed to look up where they were on a certain day and call The Panama Canal, for instance, and ask if could talk to the Books?

My mom thought for a minute and said, “Oh, call Wendy if you need anything, I’m sure they left the ship information with the girls.” My mom is motherly to-the-max, so this carefree comment threw me for a loop. Later I realized she was providing me the response her adult children give when she asks us questions!

While it’s strange not to have any contact (phone or email) for almost two weeks with my parents, I appreciate them completely getting away from reality. I just wish we were enjoying their reality with them!

No comments: