Sunday, September 28, 2008

Just Hanging Out

Steve and I haven't seen each other much the past few weeks. So the plan was to lay low and hang out this weekend.

After returning from Vegas last Sunday night, I pretty much went straight out of town for a few more days. So when I pulled in Friday night, I had hit a wall. A large, painful wall.

Lucky for us, we had plans with Scott and Kellie, so it kept me going. I still call them our neighbors even through they moved from directly across the street to two blocks away.

But anyway...we had some drinks in their new abode, called a particular cab to pick us up and next thing we know we're going 70mph in a 35mph down Broadway from the plaza to Westport. Wowzers... We enjoyed dinner and then realized we were well over 10 years above the average age in the bar we stopped by. One thing about Wesport...venues may change, but the age always stays the same.

On Saturday morning our friends, Joe & Angie, came over with their dog, Wrigley, after doing the Brookside Strut N' Mutt dog charity walk. We don't get to see each other often enough so it was fantastic to catch up.

Saturday night we hit a new neighborhood Mexican restaurant. I chose their special Mission Hills Margarita. Well, for those of you who know Mission Hills you know it's on the fancy side. Well this margarita hit the mark and was so strong I left having pipe dreams we would soon be moving over the state line.

I'll keep everyone updated on that previous sentence. Because I'm sure that will be happening any day now...

No comments: