Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Good Times!

Surgery is on our family's mind today.

It made me think about last August when I had my myomectomy. The few days I was in the hospital I was very nauseous and medicine didn't seem to help. One night everyone had gone home except for my dad and Steve. It was getting late so they were preparing to leave. Although the lady on the other side of the curtain was moaning and I couldn't do anything but keep my eyes closed with tears running out of them and the (mean) nurse told them to leave, I was very nauseous, scared and I begged them not to leave me.

So for who knows how long, the two of them sat in the dark on two small, uncomfortable chairs in complete silence, and I guess just stared at each other until the medicine thankfully finally knocked me out. Good times!

No comments: