Sunday, September 30, 2007

Jamboree


The Robinsons and my parents made a fantastic investment and purchased a 1984 Jamboree RV for Iowa Hawkeye tailgating (this photo looks similar to the actual thing).

This weekend Steve and I called the Jamboree home in the middle of a parking lot by Kinnick Stadium.

I called bed the cocoon area over the driving area. Steve slept in the back of the camper on a bed positioned directly next to the toilet and the stove. We loved it and slept great both nights!

It started solid Friday night around 11:30 p.m. when Steve asked some guy in an orange vest if the kybos in the parking lot were open all night. The orange vest guy replied, "Yes. And I highly recommend them." That comment in itself was a little concerning but nonetheless it was nice to know someone was so positive about a portable toilet.

Saturday morning about 6:00 a.m. Steve started his day by setting out the things for the tailgate and immediately making friends and being invited into "Phil's" RV next door for a bloody mary. After hearing AC DC songs for 90 minutes I made it down the ladder, got my hair wet with cold water and then realized the power wasn't on to dry my hair. I don't have hair that can naturally dry and look half-way right, so once the parents arrived, my mom and I headed over to Carver-Hawkeye Arena to dry and curl my hair in the restroom. That was a successful first for both of us.

Once the tailgate got into full force everyone kept asking how people make it without a Jamboree. It kept everyone warm in the morning, it was a place to change clothes once it got hot and it served as a napping place during the game for the little ones.


And on Saturday night after the bars, it got a laugh out of the cab driver when we asked him to take us to Carver-Hawkeye Arena.

Thanks to my parents and Robinsons for letting us shack up in the Jamboree this weekend. That alone made it a fun weekend!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear Beth and Steve, I really felt bad that you were sleeping in the RV until I read this-you made it sound like the perfect spot and I can just imagine the cab drivers amusement. Hope you come again soon to enjoy it and all of us. love, Cynthia