Monday, March 17, 2008

Big 12's: Thursday

As most of you know, the Big 12 basketball tourney came back to KC this year!

It was very exciting news considering it's always a really fun weekend, and we really like to have fun (what Steve considers fun and what I consider fun sometimes is a bit different, but we both like beer a lot so it all equals out).

The best part is that my best friend Jacque, her husband Jason and my best buddy Joe all came to KC and stayed with us for the festivities!
Steve, Joe, Jacque and I started Thursday night at Cafe Trio in Midtown. Cafe Trio is a great lounge and restaurant. It's worth the trip just to experience the names of their martinis!



And then it was on to Kelly's!
Steve had a big meeting the next morning, so he had to head home.

Here are a few of the many photos taken that night.

44-oz. of beer is not meant to be poured in wax paper cups.

With the KC clan.
Rooster, Matt Carroll and me. I originally met both of them in Vegas back in 98 when Iowa State played UNLV!


Some random girl, crazy Clint Taylor and me.
I met Clint in October as follows. He literally walked in our house on his way from Austin, TX to Ames and proceeded to stay overnight in our house. We're friendly like that.


Matt Bradley and Jac using their pointer fingers to the max. Until Thursday night, I had thought Matt Bradley was a short, quiet guy who I had met at a happy hour in New Jersey eight years ago with Joe. Oh, was I wrong.


Jacque and Jason met seven years ago that night in about the same place in Kelly's! We are so thankful it all happened the way it did...I knew them both before but I can't imagine them not together!

No comments: