Friday, March 28, 2008

Sleep Study

Steve sleeps very little. I like to sleep quite a bit, so most of the time I'm asleep (or at least I have the light off) when he comes to bed. And he's always long gone by the time I wake up in the morning. This system works well.

Actually, if he says he's going to bed before I'm ready to go to bed, I literally beg him to wait. It's strange but I cannot get to sleep if he's already in bed when I go to bed.

So Wednesday night I went upstairs to put the trash can back in our bedroom. And there was Steve in bed. I know he was extremely tired, but c'mon it was like 9:30p. He never goes to bed that early regardless of how tired is he. I knew I was doomed.

After an hour of laying wide awake (but very tired) in bed, I tapped his pillow a few times to see if he would wake up for a minute, so maybe I could get to sleep. Of course, if he hears a noise two blocks away he jumps out of bed, but no cigar with the pillow thumping. Finally at 11:45p, I broke down and took a Tylenol PM. That didn't work either.

I don't know what time I finally fell asleep, but Thursday morning had definitely come. It was not fun. And it was VERY boring. The next morning on the phone I told Steve Seiler that it was not cool what he did to me. He laughed, but he knew exactly what I was talking about. :)

No comments: