Monday, July 14, 2008

If I was only as cool as I think...

On Saturday Steve and I both had multiple commitments (apart, of course, since that seems like how we roll lately).

Around 5ish, Steve ran out to Cabela's which is not close.

I stayed home and did some "homey" type activities. As I neared completion, I decided to open a bottle of wine and watch a little of Denise Richards "It's Complicated" on E. E television, by the way, is the network Steve and I first watched together the day after we met, so it's very meaningful to us (aka to me).

By the time Steve rolled in my wine, Denise and I had spent some quality time together. I think it's because I hadn't really eaten, and because it had been an emotional day for various reasons, but the wine had unknowingly gone straight to my head.

As soon as Steve sat down I proceeded to spend probably 30-minutes informing my husband how I was "destined" to be in my 30's, how I was sure others believe I'm "so devastingly beautiful it hurts" and how I'm pretty much the coolest person ever.

My husband spent that time laughing, laughing some more and then he took me to Cafe Trio for a martini.

And that is why we are together. We just get each other.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love that show (and Living Lohan)!

Ted

Joe said...

I hate that show, but can't quit watching it.
Jose