Friday, April 3, 2009

Mr. Missouri

People mention towns in Missouri, and normally, I've never heard of them. This is upsetting for someone who knows everything about all 99-counties in Iowa. I sometimes feel very lost in this state I've lived in for so long.

But my husband, on the other hand, is Mr. Missouri. He's always going to towns with funny names and visiting people who I assume aren't fictional. I have no idea if these towns are North, South, East or West.

But, regardless of the direction, the only consistent thing is that 9 out of 10 times when I'm talking to him while he's driving, he comments he is going by a strip club that's in a morton building.

If there are really that many morton buildings used for non-farming/storage in this long state, this is something I've got to see. Missouri isn't called the "Show Me State" for nothing.

I bet they must really have to turn the music up when it rains or hails.

No comments: