Tuesday, October 2, 2007

A Baby In The Bar.

Late Saturday afternoon I was heading back to Wendy and Brandon's with my parents and Robinsons. As we drove by The Vine in Coralville, Cynthia noticed there was a baby carrier positioned on an outside patio pedestal. We were laughing about taking babies to bars.

It then sparked a conversation about how our parents didn't take us to the bars when we were babies but waited until we were early elementary age and highly impressionable before they took Jen, Steve, Wendy and me to the bars in Iowa City on game weekends.

Then as we were rounding the corner to Wendy and Brandon's my cell phone rang and I saw that it was Ann. I said aloud, "Oh Ann and Wendy must be wondering when we are going to get home."

But instead Ann says, "Steve, Nate and I are at The Vine with Tony!" And she then said, "And Nate is having so much fun!"

Steve and Ann are fantastic parents to Nate. And in my opinion what makes them even better parents is that they know how to have a great time in a safe and responsible environment and include their son in the fun!

No comments: