Tuesday, October 30, 2007

I'm Everywhere.

I realized yesterday afternoon that our nephew, Nate, most likely thinks I am literally everywhere.

On a regular basis I stop by his house to see him, Steve and I show up during walks, he sometimes comes to our house when his mom goes to the grocery store, we have dinner together, we go on trips together, sometimes he wakes up from his nap and I'm there to watch him and tomorrow I will show up in the middle of his trick or treating after work. I fortunately get to see him a lot.

And for those of you who don't know, my brother and I have been working in the same office building since the summer of 2006. Yesterday, I came back to my office from a meeting around 4 p.m.to a voicemail from Ann. She called to tell me she was dropping off Nate at Steve's office because she had an appointment.

So, of course, I headed straight up to my brother's office. I walk around the corner and there was Nate and Steve in the hallway. He gave me this cute smile when he saw me.

I followed him up to the front desk where a group of ladies were standing around oohing and ahhing over how cute he was. After awhile Steve coaxed Nate into this office to watch a movie.

I then told Nate I had to go downstairs to my office to work and he replied with a smile and an "otay".

As I got into the elevator I realized that in his mind it's not weird that when he goes to his daddy's office his aunt is there, too!

No comments: