Thursday, October 18, 2007

Cooking in Bulk.

Everyone knows I don't cook.
Everyone knows Steve cooks in bulk regardless of the meal or the number of people sitting around the table.

Lucky for me, it's not abnormal for me to come home from Jazzercise on a weeknight and find Steve grilling or next to the stove. The grill is always packed full of meat. The stove many times has all four burners going or one going with three gallons of something in a pot.

I used to ask him who was coming to dinner when I saw seven hamburgers or a 20-lb. turkey cooking, but I haven't asked that question for years because I know the answer is nobody but us.

Thanks to the meals made for 12, neighbors and family have become accustomed to getting that unexpected knock on the door with meat, chili or dessert waiting for them.

It's really a win-win-win-win because Steve likes to walk to the grocery store on an almost daily basis, Steve doesn't know how to cook for two, Steve likes giving things to people and everyone likes to eat Steve's food!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We will plan to come to dinner at your place every other Wednesday.

JK