Tuesday, December 18, 2007

AWAKE


If you or anyone you know is the tiniest bit squeamish when it comes to surgical procedures, FOR THE LOVE do not go to the movie "Awake".

The movie is about a patient who suffers "anesthetic awareness" and finds himself awake and aware, but paralyzed, during heart surgery.

I chose this movie only because it was starting 10-minutes from the time we were looking at the paper. I've learned going forward I should explain the premise of a movie before sitting down in the theater.

If our marriage wasn't strong, watching this movie together Sunday night may have very well put our relationship over the edge. And not in a good way.

Let's just say my husband was staring at me (glaring is actually a more appropriate term) during the majority of the movie before he made the decision to spend the rest of the movie in the hallway of the theater.

Last night when having dinner with our friends Mark and Barb, we did learn that Steve had a surgical procedure once and felt it. So in retrospect, had I known this important piece of information, I would have chosen the movie that started in 20-minutes.

No comments: