Thursday, December 20, 2007

College Garb

This week I received a photo Christmas card via email from my college sorority. First of all, when I was the alumnae relations chair for my sorority, I think I did... absolutely nothing. So the fact that I received a card from my sorority a decade after graduating is noteworthy in itself.

But the thing I noticed was how formfitting their clothes were. Not in a sleazy way by any means, but also not in the XL Abercrombie flannel shirt, sorority sweatshirt and pull-over kind of way.

In college 95% of the photos of me portrayed me in the three clothing items mentioned above (plus my favorite accessory, the perm.)

The XL flannels didn't make my eight moves, but my XL sorority sweatshirts and pull-over have. In fact I wear the sweatshirts that go to my knees on a regular basis. And tonight my neighbor was wearing her Mizzou sorority pull-over (that also went to her knees) when she brought over Christmas cookies.

Granted our threads are becoming just that after a decade. And we may not have looked as cute out and about as the college girls of this decade, but boy were we comfortable!

No comments: