Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Beds

Over the past six-years that we've lived together, we've progressed from a double bed to a queen bed to our current and close-to-forever bed; the king bed.

When I'd tell people we both slept well in these smaller beds, people couldn't believe it since Steve is not what you'd call petite.

Lucky for me Steve doesn't snore, and he sleeps "coffin style". He sleeps on his back with his hands peacefully crossed on his stomach. He stays that way the entire five hours he actually sleeps.

Additionally, he sleeps on top of the sheet and blanket which creates a hill I'm not able to roll up at night.

Steve has also kindly banished me and my pillows to sleeping with my head in the middle of my side of the bed to apparently protect the two lamps at the head of our bed from being knocked over.

I appreciate a guy who doesn't mind the occassional middle of the night gut punch at the expense of saving our $20 Target lamps.

3 comments:

Tyler-Ashlee's Mommy said...

I'm amazed at your sleeping habits - wow! I'm always taking up Justin's side (and he often steals the covers)

Barb said...

that's funny. Mark sleeps both coffin style and on the edge of the bed while i'm very comfortable in the middle!! Phoebe, my cat, sleeps on my side. ha ha She needs space too. :)

Anonymous said...

The thought of Steve lying on top of the covers in just his underwear is amusing to me. Thanks for the laugh.

Cactus Zack