Thursday, January 24, 2008

FURminator

Okay, this may be my favorite gift we've given of all time. I believe the FURminator could very well significantly change Steve and Ann's lives.

Well over a year ago, I was at a radio recording session for work. The producer was telling me about how terribly her dog sheds (No, I really don't know this person). Anyway, she mentioned she purchased this pricey scraper looking thing called the FURminator. She stated she now has virtually no fur on her couch.


Steve and Ann have the cutest little cat named Violet. Violet and her brother, Leroy, were found as kittens on my grandparent's farm in Iowa. My grandpa claimed the kittens did not shed, and they came to KC to live the city life. Sadly Leroy has passed away, but "non shedding" Violet sheds enough for five cats.

So...I told Ann about the FURminator immediately. She's been looking for it ever since. At Jazzercise last weekend the instructor mentioned she was looking for the FURminator for her dog, and a woman replied they have them at a store that happens to be two blocks from our house! Obviously I purchased it immediately knowing Ann would love this as part of her birthday present.

We did a little test run on Violet last night, and initially the product seems to live up to its price. We sadly don't have any pets due to that swollen eye/closed throat thing Steve annoyingly gets around cats. But others may benefit! If nothing else the after photos on the website are quite amazing if not a little disgusting to look at.

No comments: