Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Damn Keys!

My mom is spending this week with us. She's going back and forth between Steve/Ann and our house at night.

Last night she stayed with us. This morning as I was pulling out of the garage, I saw her in my rear view mirror standing out in the freezing cold with keys and contents of her purse spread everywhere!

She informed me she was looking for the keys to Steve/Ann's car that she was driving.

In her purse we found:
- Her set of keys for my parent's car
- My dad's set of keys for my parent's car
- The key to our house
But no keys to Steve/Ann's car.
We headed back in the house and found the correct car keys. All was good.

Later in the morning I picked up my office phone to hear my mom's voice. This time she had accidentally locked her purse that included the key to our house and her cell phone inside our house. And most importantly locked in our house was her ID that she needed in order for Nate's daycare to let her pick him up at 11:30a!

Somehow she had the keys to Steve/Ann's house in her hands. So she drove to their house, found Ann's address book and found my work number.

It only took two stressful phone calls for it to click in me that Steve/Ann have an extra set of our house keys. So again all was good.

But it goes without saying my mom has been stripped of all car and house keys until further notice. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Don't forget the last IA football game when we took their car to IC and left them with our car and Nate. I think they thought we had their car keys for over a month before they discovered it was where they had left them... in the glove compartment!