Monday, January 7, 2008

Leaves

Yesterday in KC was like early October. It was sunny, warm and all of our snow melted. Hidden under this snow were leaves. Not just our leaves. But leaves from our neighbor to the south, and his neighbor and their neighbor. While probably only partially true, it's like everyone's trees to the south of our house decided to blow their leaves to our yard and then stop.

Our neighbors to the north were raking (their own tidy leaves), so I thought we should, too. I started raking and Steve starting blowing leaves. Since our two empty leaf bags from last fall quickly filled, I went to the neighborhood hardware store to pick up more leaf bags and an additional rake.

At the hardware store I walked through every aisle looking for a rake. Then I walked through every aisle again. I finally found an employee and he told me that it's January so they have snow shovels.

But yet they have tons of leaf bags.

When I got home with the leaf bags, I asked Steve if we could build a barrier to keep other people's leaves out of our yard. He suggested we store our 12 full leaf bags that won't be picked up until next fall there. He's always thinking.

No comments: