Sunday, June 8, 2008

Final U.S. Hoorah

A week ago Friday was supposed to be the last hoorah for Helena, the UK scholar who has been with my company the past three months. But poor Helena got super sick with the flu and ended up in the emergency room. I seriously cannot imagine how those phone calls home went. I got the feeling her parents were ready to fly over the pond and come get her immediately.

Anyway, her project was marketing related, so for the most part she reported to me. Helena is super smart; in fact smarter than I would have probably wanted to be or could have been 10-years ago. She's also nice and funny to be around.

So I didn't want to miss her rescheduled final hoorah. Due to the last minute nature, the large group became small, but we still had a great time.
After dinner at Brio and drinks at reVerse, Helena wanted to dance. Well, there's not a lot of dance options on our beloved Country Club Plaza so we ended up at Blonde. Oh Blonde. It seems gone are the days of having to be on a VIP list to get admitted and the expensive table service. They were happy to usher us in cover-free. And there were all types of people dancing which was quite entertaining.

Jim(bo), Ashley and me just takin' it all in. And there was a lot to take in.
Helena and Justin doing... I'm not sure (see we had a lot to take in!).

No comments: