Tuesday, June 24, 2008

White Rock

This afternoon as I pulled into our driveway from an amazing weekend in Okoboji with the Robinsons and my parents, I noticed this large white rock on the corner of our lawn next to our driveway.

I was quite perplexed since I've always heard rumors that a white rock signifies something about the people whose lawn it's in.

Granted I've been away for almost four days and we didn't get to talk much due to Steve being at the end of his cell phone cycle, but I thought Steve would have spoken to me about this before making such a bold (and untrue) statement on our behalf.

I immediately had to leave to get my oil changed, but as I drove down the street, I noticed yet another large white rock in our neighbor's Toby and Leslie's yard. Hmm...

And then as I'm hanging out at the dealership, I get a call from Steve saying he had just received a strange email from our neighbor, Scott, talking about how since some news story came out there's been an epidemic of white rocks and swingers in KC.

I may not have graduated from Harvard, but the lightbulb immediately went on!

It turns out our beloved neighbor, Scott, took the time to find two large smooth rocks, spray painted them white and placed them in our yards.

After we both got home we walked down the street to the local Mexican restaurant and immediately ran into another neighbor whose first comment was, "I noticed you have a white rock in your yard."

Great....

1 comment:

Tyler-Ashlee's Mommy said...

That's an interesting story.....and I had to laugh out loud!

I hope you guys can finally make to the lake this year. We'd love to have you, see you!