Friday, June 6, 2008

Sheryl Crow Concert


Last night Ann and me along with her friends Claire, Kathy and Jennifer went to the Sheryl Crow concert outside at Starlight Theatre. First of all, I decided without a doubt that I'd really like to be Sheryl Crow. She seems so beautiful inside and out (to be frank; her body is to die for and her hair is very flowy).

The concert was absolutely AMAZING, and we had a blast with a comedy of errors in between.
Yesterday was a stormy looking day, and last night was no different. After shuttling cars back to garages due to fears of hail, Ann, Jennifer and I arrived and then had to walk way over to the other side to tailgate with the other girls. During this time, I also realized my wine opener was in my car in my garage which wasn't very handy since Sheryl Crow and wine go together. Thankfully we ran into Angie and Roy who did have a wine opener in their car. I'm not one to ask questions, but I knew there was a reason we were friends...
As we walked into the outside venue, it was getting windy with a few rain drops. But within minutes the weather magically became perfect which was good considering we soon realized that one of our five orchestra seats that we paid a pretty penny for didn't exist. Seat 15 was nowhere to be found.

The seat guy said he wouldn't be able to seat all five of us together, so I called my Starlight contact who luckily is in charge of marketing and sales and within minutes she was taking care of business. Next thing we know our great seats became fantastic as we were sitting in the 10th/11thish row front and center!

During the middle of the concert, my contact tapped me on the shoulder and also provided us with five VIP tickets for after the show, so with texts telling us KCK was having 60-70 mph winds, we were living the good life hanging outside listening and watching Sheryl Crow from close range (and dreaming we were her).


As the concert ended, the winds came up and downpour began. We decided to take advantage of the VIP room. So we had a drink in the VIP lounge, learned all sorts of things about Sheryl Crow (because Kathy and Sheryl's moms were friends), got our photo taken in front of something that could appear on US Weekly and then ran across the theatre in the pouring rain as we were the last guests to leave the theatre. Therefore we were also the last car in the grass so it was a speedy exit. Ann's smart like that.

1 comment:

dean899 said...

what the heck does steve do you have all the fun and he must stay home and clean the grill