Sunday, June 15, 2008

It's Father's Day!

I just got off the phone with my dad, and he's having the best Father's Day possible because his grandson was just arriving at their house. And I know Barb and Jerry had at least one of the grandkids recently, so he's taken care of, too!

I just returned from a long bike ride on the Brookside Trolley Trail, and it was full of dads and their bored looking kids riding their bikes together. It was hilarious to watch these 10-year old's faces looking like they were being punished for having to go on a bike ride.

I loved going on bike rides with my dad growing up. And these kids have a lot more choices of routes and scenery (we didn't have a trail; the closest thing one could call a trail was the cornfield we walked through sometimes to get to the swimming pool), so they really don't know how good they've got it. Oh kids these days... (I don't really mean that, unless they are bratty or mean, of course.)

On that note, Happy Father's Day from your never bratty or mean kids!

No comments: