Monday, December 29, 2008

Sledding SL Style

On Christmas Eve, Steve and I drove from KC to Storm Lake. That drive is a blast in case anyone has not done it.

See there are sights like the big car wash man in the hopping town of Logan, Iowa.

On Christmas Day, we decided to take our nephews sledding down the hill at Steve's parents because there was snow everywhere!

The Seiler sister-in-laws (Jamie, Julie and me). I am wearing my father-in-law's Carhartt bib overalls and coat. Jer is not a small man. Everything smelled like gasoline, so I stayed away from the burn barrels.

Our 3-year old nephew, Ty, and Aunt Beth hitting the hill together for the first and last time. We went so fast that Ty's face was pure snow by the time we got to the bottom. So the boys went inside with Grandma Barb and the adults put in some major sledding time.


The Seiler sister-in-laws on the wooden toboggan that is probably older than the three of us combined. That sucker had some speed.


The three Seiler siblings. Enough said.

Steve doing a white-out and running into a tree.

The best part was that Jerry would drop us and the sleds off at the top of the hill, drive down the hill to laugh at us, and then we'd hop in the back of the truck and get a ride up the hill.
The worst part was when my brother-in-law, Andy, unbeknownst to me, took a deer leg on the sled when the two of us went down together. He rubbed it against my coat, and then I screamed. And kept I screaming.

No comments: