Thursday, December 18, 2008

Wine, Cheese & Then Karoke

Last Saturday night Steve and I went to a holiday wine & cheese party at my friend's condo on the plaza.

The minute I arrived, I wanted us to move back on the Country Club Plaza and live in a condo. And I believe it took me less than 10-seconds to inform Steve this was the coolest place ever (over dramatizing just a bit). I'm sure Steve then commented that the building smelled like some type of food (which it didn't).

Granted we live a mere 4-minutes from the above mentioned condo and we live an "urban life", but I miss those days of living in a building on the plaza where you have to buzz people up. And in a place where everything is so uniform in a fun way.

And after hours of Steve standing there and me sneaking in one, two and three more fills of my wine, he drug me out, took me home and with a smile turned on the cheesiest local karoke show ever: Harrah's Lucky Break. And the magic of the night was gone in a flash.

Not cool, Steve Seiler.

1 comment:

Angie Foltz said...

Joe watches that on Saturday nights too. It is just brutal!