Thursday, January 15, 2009

Those Seilers Love Tazzles

Last Thursday night, Steve and I went to his company's holiday party (stock brokers must like to extend the holiday season).

It was in a beautiful oak-laden room on the top floor of the Intercontinental Hotel on the plaza with an unbelievable view of the plaza lights (and including both of our office buildings - we seriously can never get away).

The ladies that work in Steve's office love to get their hands on me and talk about Steve. Oh, how they love everything Steve Seiler!

For obvious reasons, I have never been shy about answering any Steve Seiler questions they may have.

I got a call from Steve a couple days later informing me that when he walked into his office after a meeting, hanging from his door was a banner with streamers that said, "Razzle Tazzles"!

They apparently latched on and ran with me telling them about Steve being a bouncer at Tazzles in college. Getting that call from Steve and hearing his voice when he was telling me about it was like pure joy to my ears. These are the moments I truly love.

Note: When you click on the Tazzles link it takes you to a Sports Illustrated story about an Iowa State football player in 1992 named Man Seiler who liked to go to Tazzles. Besides the fact I didn't know anything ISU ever made it into Sports Illustrated, it's by chance this "man's" last name is Seiler and that he liked going to Tazzles after a game. I hope we're related to him because Man is a stellar first name.

3 comments:

Tyler-Ashlee's Mommy said...

That is GREAT!

Ted said...

I agree that "Man" is an awesome name, but unfortunately (and probably since SI is not used to writing about ISU), they got his name wrong.

His name is Marv Seiler, and he was the backup QB that started and led ISU to the biggest upset in its history over Nebraska in 1992. Still, not a bad guy to be related to! (hopefully)

I spent many, many, hours at Tazzles in college with Schultz and Gritz.

Ted

The Seilers said...

Teddio - I have heard that name before.
I've decided that everyone with the last name Seiler is related to Steve (even if they pronounce it with "e" instead of the "i" like the girl in Wisconsin who faked her own abduction a few years ago)even if it's not true.