Friday, November 2, 2007

25 Years Ago...

Twenty-five years ago I had walking pneumonia during Halloween. I don't necessarily remember how the pneumonia made me feel, but I clearly remember how it felt not to be able to go to Jacque's slumber party or trick-or-treating!

Because I couldn't go trick-or-treating my brother somehow got roped into taking two bags with him. Steve had to ask every house for an extra piece of candy since his sister was home sick. That alone probably made him not like me that night.

When he got home, we dumped both bags of candy on the hide-a-bed in the living room and went through each candy piece-by-piece.

The majority of candy in each bag was the same. However, there were two pieces of candy that were different. In Steve's bag, there was a piece of candy I liked. In my bag, there was a piece of candy I did not like.

The next few minutes are a bit hazy (and embarrassing). In the end, my brother was forced to go back to the house with the differing candy to return my candy and ask for the type of candy I liked! I'm positive Steve's feelings toward me at that point were stronger than dislike.

Every Halloween I think about that Halloween and how horrible it was to make my brother go back to that house after trick-or-treating was over. And I know for a fact it mortifies my mom to this day that she actually made her son to do it!

No comments: