Thursday, November 29, 2007

The Storm.

Today as I look out my office window, I see people walking around with light jackets enjoying the sun and 50-something degree weather.

A year ago today I woke up scared to look out of my bedroom window. Because a year ago today Kansas City was getting pummeled with a ton of snow and 20-something degree weather. A year ago today was also two days before our wedding.

By no means were we expecting a heatwave for our wedding during this time of year, but Kansas City hadn't had a snow storm on or around December 2 in over 100 years. In fact, the past few December 2's had been quite warm.

We felt good knowing we may have a little snow at our wedding and that we wouldn't be doing outside pictures. But when this freak storm hit Kansas City, I have to admit, for a short time I started feeling pretty sorry for myself (Steve was much more calm, cool and collected about this weather issue we had no control over).

Of course, our wedding day turned out to be a beautiful sunny day with sparkling snow (and, yes, chilly temperatures).

On Saturday when I walk out and it's in the high 50's I will be happy about the warm weather for everyone who is getting married that day (even though selfishly I may be the tinniest bit jealous)!

No comments: