Thursday, May 29, 2008

Chilly Willy Coming Soon!

I don't want to jinx ourselves by putting it in writing, but it appears the Seiler family who lives in hot and humid KC will soon have cool, blowy air flowing through our abode.

When we purchased our beloved "fixer upper" home three-years ago in the middle of summer, naively I assumed I'd only have to spend a few months sweating in my sleep. Well 2005 passed. And so did 2006 and 2007. But 2008 is looking to be our year.

Steve has spent so much time researching, contacting vendors, hooking up our neighbors with the A/C people, wheeling and dealing and moving pipes (with the assistance of my brother) that I honestly don't have a clue what is going on.

But I do know that an A/C unit was put in the wrong place outside, and our basement now has a shiny new structure, so the work has begun. I'm still a little hazy on who is cutting the vent holes in our 1924 hardwood floors (I'm keeping my fingers crossed his first and last names do not begin with a 'S').

And to all of our family and friends who have sweat with us over the years, I'm sure we'll still keep the A/C set to 78 degrees (baby steps), so don't bring over your summer sweater just yet!

1 comment:

JK Cyclone said...

Hilarious! Reminds me of growing up in a big house with 11 people and never using the A/C in the summer. Also, we didn't really use the heat in the winter (just wore winter coats while sitting in the living room). Whatever works.