Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Neighbors, Vino & Zaa...

There's nothing like drinking 6-7 bottles of wine with neighbors until 11p the first day back to work after a long weekend that consisted of drinking every night.

From the point of view of the "fun factor", I'd do it every night if I could because friends, family and wine are some of my (our) favorite things. From the perspective of working the next day, not so much.

For months we have been waiting for this new gourmet pizza place to open down the street from us. Due to our proximity, we've signed petitions saying it's okay for them to serve liquor, received numerous letters and have gotten to know the owner.

It hasn't yet opened, but last night they invited our street to have dinner there. And since they don't yet have a liquor license, they welcomed us to bring bottles of wine.

And that's what we did. Scott, Kellie, Steve and I brought three bottles. And then some neighbors joined us. And then Steve went to buy more wine. After enjoying excellent apps and pizzas in a very cool atmosphere, we all went to our neighbor Greg's house and drank some more wine and decided we needed to do this every Tuesday night (yeah...I wish).

Around 11ish I finally dragged Steve next door to our house. And yep, he was up and at 'em early this morning ready to start the work day! That husband of mine is amazing (in an extremely crazy/non-human type of way) that I never will or could replicate even if I wanted to.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I heard you saw an old friend of ours (again) there too.... she emailed me! :)