Friday, May 30, 2008

Banana and Family

I am in love with Banana Republic. In fact I like the whole family a lot (Gap, Old Navy and Piperlime).

I love them so much that I've been trying to push this feeling onto Steve for years.

I used to nonchalantly throw a new shirt into his closet hoping he'd think it wasn't new. That never worked. And then I'd give him (and still do) multiple shirts each year for his birthday thinking he wouldn't make me return them since they were a gift. No cigar there either.

Instead he continuously complains to me about the vast number of skin tight shirts with tags hanging in his closet. I told him Banana Republic isn't that type of brand - they don't make skin tight shirts.

We are compatible on many levels, but Banana fashion obviously isn't one of them. And we just became more uncompatible because today I found out that BR, Gap, Old Navy and Piperlime have all come together on one official website to shop. You can buy things from all stores together and get free shipping and returns if you are a card member (which I am!). It's the most sensible thing I've heard in a long time.

2 comments:

Barb said...

Sweet, i love these stores too. Hey let us know when the new pizza place opens. We really want to come over and try it out.

Joe said...

Banana shirts are skin tight, so I don't buy them either. good luck Steve:)