Sunday, May 11, 2008

The Best "Low-Keyed" Weekend

Steve and I have really not seen each other much in the past month. In between my vacation to Napa, Steve moving Jamie/Andy, my sorority reunion, last week's neighborhood festivities and work (that work thing continues to take up way too much time), we really haven't just "hung out".

So this weekend we decided we were going to have a low-key weekend. I told Steve I was all about a low-key weekend as long as we did not stay home both nights and had a lot of fun. I'm getting better, but I'm still not good about just hanging out at home for long periods of time.

Friday night we hung out with Steve/Ann/Nate which is one of our favorite KC activities. As always it was fun and entertaining!

Nate and Dalton "not wrestling" on Nate's race car bed.

Saturday morning Steve and I were out to secure my birthday present which is a bike. My birthday was in March, and considering I got my 2007 present in late June, we thought we were tracking well ahead of schedule for 2008.

We've been searching and researching for some time (with Steve spending many a late nights on his phone looking at Craig's List for the "dream bike deal of all time"). We visited a cycle shop in the River Market and found a nice entry level woman's bike that actually seemed to be made for a 5'-2" woman. Late Saturday afternoon I officially became an owner of a bike for the first time since early college. Steve is still on the search for a $100 bike for himself, so Steve will continue to stalk Craig's List.

Saturday night we took advantage of a Christmas gift card from my Aunt Pat, and headed down to Overland Park to Bonefish Grill. The wait was long which worked to my advantage because I had two of the tastiest martinis ever! I'm normally a dirty vodka martini girl, but they had the most unbelievable blueberry martini and raspberry martini. Thanks to my trusty hubby for being the DD and allowing me to enjoy the most outstanding martinis.


For us not having kids, Steve and I have enjoyed a packed-full day of Mother's Day festivities today.

This morning we joined Steve/Ann/Nate early for a Mother's Day breakfast at Eggcetera.

This afternoon and evening we cooked out to celebrate Mother's Day with the Friedmans (Mark, Barb, Nina and Julia) and the Regas' (Matt, Jen and John). We always have so much fun with them all and today/tonight was no different!
And, like everyone, it is now necessary for us to have an extra day to relax and rest from the weekend in preparation for the work week.

No comments: