Thursday, May 22, 2008

Sometimes Words Do Haunt

When we got married, Steve continuously said half joking/half serious (probably a little more of the latter) that he "hated this thing!"

This "hated thing" was his wedding ring.

If I had gone 32-years of my life without wearing anything on my finger it may have bothered me a bit, too. He really has given it the old college try, and it's clear it really does bother him. There have been too many times to count the number of times the ring got left on his calculator at work, got left in the changer holder of my car for days at a time...you get the idea.

Well now it's gone. And it's been gone for almost a week.

Steve has searched every square inch and crevice of our house multiple times. He even purchased and returned a metal detector that cost over twice as much as his ring (you do the math on how much we spent on his ring).

In his defense, his fingers were swollen last Saturday night and so he put the ring in his front pocket. When we got home, he remembers it rolling out in the living room. For anyone who has been to our house, you all know our digs are far from a mansion.

Every dust bunny is gone, but unfortunately so is the ring still. He has sworn me to never twirl (which I don't believe I've ever done) or take off my ring again. Because that would be one expensive metal detector we'd have to purchase!

No comments: