Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Happy Hump Day

Wednesday after work I coordinated a going away happy hour for Anna who works for me. At the time "works" was correct, but now it's "worked".

So currently I'm a one person department that a year ago was made up of three people. Good times.

The work/home balance has been pretty out of whack lately, but after conducting over 10 first interviews, Friday I'm bringing back two talented people for second interviews so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

We received close to 500 resumes. I like to think it's because these people just had a feeling the job was connected to a really cool boss. But in reality I know the job market is tough and the idea of doing marketing and working in the beauty industry is the thing that sounds really cool. Which it is. But from first hand experience I can say it's much, much cooler with a full team!

No comments: