Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Pinky McGee

I have three cousins (all from the same family). Steve has what seems like 50 first cousins spread out over multiple aunts and uncles.

One of those cousins, David, was in KC for work from Boston so we spent Monday night with him. I had met him once seven-years ago at David's brother's wedding, but I didn't know him. All I remember about him was him jumping in the hotel pool in Boone in his tuxedo. I know it's shocking since he's a Seiler and all.

Well now I do know him, and I like what I know. We had a great time! He is really fun to be around, as is anyone with Seiler blood in them.

We had dinner at 1924 Main. We had a three-course dinner that had a wine flight that went along with it. Well Dave's food choices presented themselves with some girly pink wine. In a nutshell, he started talking about Pinky McGee. We don't know what that meant, but we liked it. And then we went to The Cashew for drinks and they had two-for-one martinis (duh) so next thing I know I have two very strong pink martinis. Lots o' Pinky McGee.

It was fun to get to know him and really funny to hear them talk about stories growing up. Why do the Seiler's have stories that no other family have? Other families don't even come close to what they've got. Not even close!

1 comment:

Angie Foltz said...

We ate at 1924 for dinner on Tuesday! (we were in the basement for a work dinner) Is that the night you were there? We also had the 3 course meal with the wine flights. I had the same pink wine for dessert. Too funny!