Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Shoo Flu...

Monday morning I got my flu shot.

And then I felt like I got hit by a train and came straight home after work and never got back up. But I woke up this morning feeling great so all is good.

Every year I get a flu shot, and every year I get the flu.

But I seriously can't imagine how bad it would be each year if I didn't get the flu shot. I know some people don't believe in the flu shot, but anyone that knows me well, knows when I get sick...I get sick in a big way.

Last February I got really sick with the flu. And then I gave it to Steve. He is the best sick person ever. Or not.

And a year or so before that in February I ended up on the floor of the waiting room in the emergency room at St. Luke's as my husband, in his suit, begged me to get up. That was gross. We also had to cancel our vacation to Philadelphia. And then my mom (stupidly, sorry but it's true, Mom) came and took care of me (and Nate who was an infant at the time and was also sick; that part of my mom taking care of him wasn't stupid) and then both my Dad and her got sick the following week on their cruise.

Right now I have a work conference in a warm destination in February. I'm glad I'm not a betting person...

No comments: