Monday, February 2, 2009

Not the Super Bowl, but a form of it.

On Sunday while I was out and about, I received the following text from my husband:
"Went to play football with Guy and Steve."

I seriously laughed out loud in the middle of the store.

Guy lives across the street from Steve/Ann. We've gotten to know Guy well and he's a blast to be around. I laughed that my husband, brother and Guy were going to play football.

It turned out 10-15 mid-30ish aged guys were "eye candy" in one of those grassy knolls on Ward Parkway going towards the Country Club Plaza as they played one-touch football. They said they received some honks and even accidently pelted a mini-van.

A couple hours later, in walks the Steve's into our house. They both were muddy (who knew touch football was so muddy) and neither of them were walking normally.

As the night progressed at the Super Bowl party at Steve/Ann's, both of the Steve's were sitting strangely, walking even more strangely and at about a 10% of Nate's speed.

Not surprisingly, they are ready to do it again. It must be that high school "Athlete of the Year" coming out in both of them...

No comments: