Monday, February 23, 2009

Surprise! It's Diapers!

My sister-in-law, Ann, has been dead-set on NOT having any type of baby shower.

But those closest to her, of course, do not listen to her wishes.

Angie (friend from teaching), Rita (sorority sister) and I threw a surprise baby "diaper" shower last Friday at a local Mexican restaurant.

Somehow this 6-week secret never made it to Ann. My brother was also in on the plan and was a major help securing email addresses. I would have felt badly hacking into their computer.

He also transported Ann to the surprise destination. Ann is not a "late person" and, as anyone would be, was getting frustrated that my brother was doing everything slow and everything was taking so long. On the way to the surprise, Nate told his parents that when they get home they would have to go into his bedroom for time out!

Ann soon realized why my brother was being so slow! And to say she was surprised is an understatement!




No comments: