Monday, February 9, 2009

Sunday Funday

Sunday was a Funday for Ann and me.

In December 2001, Steve and I were given a $30 gift certificate (before gift cards were mainstream) to enjoy the VIP Room at the Cinemark Theater on the Plaza.

It's now February 2009 and we still are hanging out with this gift certificate. It's not that we haven't discussed using it. We have just not found a movie we both wanted to see enough to do it in a special room. So it's been hanging out with our (aka Steve's) other coupons...which is a separate post in itself.

On Sunday, Steve kindly suggested Ann and I go to "He Just Not That Into You" VIP style.

A private auditorium with about 40 comfy leather recliners, wine (for me), Mr. Pibb (for Ann), a personal pizza and a server throughout the movie is exactly what this 9-month pregnant woman and her sister-in-law deserved!

It goes unsaid why Ann deserved this. Mine is more of a stretch, but in a few weeks, I will be taking care of my nephew and will have the important role at the hospital of touching up Ann's make-up and hair after Baby Boy Book is born and before photos are taken. Some (I realize only me) may say these roles are almost if not as important as my brother's role...

No comments: