Thursday, April 24, 2008

Greek!

Steve and I are getting ready to spend our third weekend in a row apart.

Because tomorrow morning I'm heading to Iowa for a girls' weekend with my sorority sisters in Ames!

Our sorority, Kappa Delta, is celebrating our centennial anniversary at Iowa State. And while we're not quite old enough to be the founding sisters, it's been over a decade since we graduated. So to the girls that we'll meet that are still in college, we'll pretty much be like we're old enough to be the founders in their eyes.

But Steve and I watch Greek on ABC Family, so I like to think I kind of know what it's like to be in college in this decade.

There are all sorts of events Friday through Sunday from a reception at The Knoll (home of the ISU president) Friday night, to decade reunions to cocktails and dinner at the MU on Saturday and a brunch on Sunday. Alumnae from the 1940's to the present sisters will all be there. It's going to be a pretty cool experience.

And, of course, the best part is that I'll be with my girlfriends. It's crazy to think it's been over 10-years since we lived in the house together and at Old Stanton. I'm the only one without a child(ren), so this will be a true girls' weekend in every sense!

No comments: